Jemicy School has two campuses in greater Baltimore. The Lower and Middle School (grades 1-8) and the Upper School (grades 9-12 and the Upper School Prep program) are both located in Owings Mills, Maryland, just a short distance from one another. Our current enrollment exceeds 330 students, and we maintain a 4-to-1 student-to-faculty ratio. Classes are small, ranging from 2 to 12 students.
Jemicy School does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, creed, religion, disability, sexual orientation, color, or national/ethnic origin. As an accredited member of the Association of Independent Maryland Schools (AIMS), the School abides by the AIMS Code of Ethics.
- The college preparatory education program utilizes multisensory, experiential, and research-based curriculum programs.
- Technology is utilized as an effective teaching/learning tool. SMART Boards are in every classroom, and all students in grades 6 – 12 are provided laptops, loaded with assistive software.
- The digitized curriculum allows access to texts, literature, and other written material through school or home computers or other mobile devices.
- Competitive athletics, as well as physical education programs are offered on both campuses.
- Visual and performing arts programs are an integral part of the curriculum.
- Education extends beyond the classroom, and outdoor play is an essential part of the Jemicy Lower and Middle School.
- A foreign travel program is offered every few years to Upper School students.
- Jemicy’s Alice A. Koontz Outreach offers training and workshops to other educators and parents.
$32,775 for Upper School Prep and Upper School