June 29th - July 31st, 2015
Camp Jemicy, a co-ed day camp for students ages 6 - 14, is run by Jemicy School, a leader in the education of children with dyslexia or other related language-based learning differences. The Camp offers daily skills instruction and tutoring, as well as fun recreational, activities and adventures.
- Minimize summer learning loss by providing structured, multisensory skills instruction and tutoring tailored to each child’s needs
- Build self-esteem and promote individual growth
- Offer an exciting and enjoyable social and activity-based camp experience
The majority of our tutors are Jemicy teachers, skilled and trained in various multisensory reading programs approved by The International Dyslexia Association. In addition, Jemicy selects mature, imaginative individuals, many of whom are Jemicy alumni to work with the campers during recreational activities.
Moose and Viking Campuses
To enable age-appropriate programming and better meet the skill levels and interests of the campers, Camp Jemicy utilizes its:
- Lower/Middle School Moose Campus for campers 6 – 10 years old (11 Celadon Road, Owings Mills, MD)
- Upper School Viking Campus for campers 11-14 years old (11202 Garrison Forest Road, Owings Mills, MD)
$3,800 full-day (Moose 8 a.m.- 3:15 p.m.) (Viking 8 a.m.- 3 p.m.)
$2,750 half-day option (8 a.m.-12:40 p.m.)
Viking Option - Choose theme afternoons week-by-week, $250 each
Extended day until 5:00 p.m. (extra daily charge applies)
*JEMICY STUDENTS: Consult admission contract for camp pricing